IN OUR HOUSE WE ARE ALL EQUAL
We are proud to support and celebrate key cultural events and initiatives including Gay Pride, BAME In Hospitality and Performers in Mind. Our staffing diversity statistics reflect a 57% BAME employee ratio and we actively adopt an ‘open to all’ approach.
Processes and practices already in place:
- Open and transparent approach to gender recruitment and pay
- Promote an equal opportunities policy
- Encourage good practice for unbiased language
- Ensure all promotional materials are checked to include a diverse and positive range of images and language
- Provide a clear complaints route for staff and customers
- Promotions are made solely on the basis of merit
- Take a zero approach towards bullying in the workplace
- The Piano Works invests its heart and soul into promoting and championing diversity in music, musicianship and are dedicated in their duty of care to their staff, audience and neighbours. We were accepted by the Gay Pride committee to enter a float in this year’s London Parade – had it not been cancelled, we would have had the parade’s only float with a live band.
- TPW provides a wheelchair accessible lift and disabled toilets – both front and back of stage with trained management and security staff to provide assistance to the refuge point with an evac chair.. It provides a ramp backstage for disabled musicians to allow them to access the stage and has ramps available at points throughout the venue requiring wheelchair access. The venue is registered in the Accessible scheme (www.accessible.co.uk).
Further steps we will take:
- Provide mandatory training in unconscious bias for all staff, including security staff
- Have a designated leader for equality and diversity within our staff hub
- Survey staff on a regular basis to monitor good company practices in equality and diversity
- An associate of londonfriend.org.uk
- The impact of these measures will ensure that our workforce continues to be diverse and proactively safeguard against any direct or indirect discrimination. Our staff are proud to work in a company that celebrates diversity. We will continue to promote and monitor diversity in the workplace, training uptake, audience numbers for any specific cultural event and complaints related to diversity.
- We actively monitor the diversity in our audiences and continually reflect that within our promotional material to encourage and represent our ‘open to all’ ethos.
- We will elect a LGBTQ friend in association with the mental health organisation londonfriend.org.uk whose focus will be to promote the health and well-being of the LGBTQ community.
- TPW Farringdon provides a wheelchair accessible lift and disabled toilets – both front and back of stage with trained management and security staff to provide assistance to the refuge point with an evac chair. We provide ramps backstage for disabled musicians to allow them to access the stage and have ramps available at points throughout the venue requiring wheelchair access. The venue is registered in the Accessible scheme (www.accessible.co.uk).
IN OUR HOUSE WE ARE ALL EQUAL.